Tuesday 4 November 2014

Initial approach to documentary photography

Below are examples of recent and earlier approaches to documentary photography.
All four photographs are based around the concept of street photography; this being a style of photography I appreciate yet dislike at the same time. This being purely due to the fact that I like to have control over my photographs...I want to be a creator as well as observer. 
For me, giving the amount of time we have for this unit of work, I don't believe street photography would be a reliable focal point simply because of how unpredictable it can be... i'd rather just do it in my spare time. 

Instead I believe I will focus on Manchester's rave scene. This is something I am proudly part of and therefore would like to show the world the weird and wonderful nature of Manchester after dark.




No comments:

Post a Comment